Monday, November 29, 2010

Elitist Traveler

This is apparently what people who own private jets read whilst flying over our lowly sad selves.
 And this is what they pay for an issue. I'm not joking, I have a copy next to me now, don't ask how or why, but short story I didn't pay for it. Just in case your like me and think magazines are a waste of money when the internet has free shit all over it, consider this Cosmo, that chick magazine you read so you know what girls are thinking cause...yeah that'll get you laid. A three year 36 issue subscription to Cosmo is $36.00. You can in fact have too much money and this magazine is proof. It may help to note that this magazine is Bi-monthly making a year only $210 or $630 for three years, let me get their figure...they only have a 1 or 2 year, but that numbers work out to $397.50 for three years. That makes cosmo 9% the cost of Elite, and cosmo has double the issues and more pages per issue, speaking of...

52/120 pages are advertisements, and every article except for maybe the article on the fashion show is just an elaborate advertisement. Seriously $35 for what is basically high class junk mail. Hell even the fashion show article gives you the phone numbers! THE PHONE NUMBERS to the people to contact to get the cloths. As if you'll be reading this magazine and then be like shit I need that $3,170 dress NOW...I Can't wait and get home NO NOW and I must call someone important not just the normal line like all the minions I need the name of the head of sales in NYC.

On another note I may be the only person to ever skim the pages of Elite Traveler while watching My Name is Earl.

Oh and if you want to read the magazine its FREE on their website complete with all the ads at...

http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/ec5ef23c#/ec5ef23c/1

STMTZ

1 comment: