Sunday, January 1, 2012

Best Food of 2011

2011 has come to an end and with 2012  just getting off the ground the opportunity to start anew floods through the minds of everyone around. Why exactly the change in a number on a calendar has such a rebirth association is something you should probably discuss with a historian, but something I know a thing or two about is eating, so here is my list of my best food experiences from 2011.

Asian:
Vietnamese Pho, Chia's Asian Bistro Raleigh, NC.
Vietnamese Pho

Barbecue:
The Pit, Raleigh, NC.

Beer:
Stout, Beer Works, Carbondale, Colorado

Breakfast:
Julesburg Cafe, Julesburg, Colorado

Burger:
The Getaway Burger, The Getaway, Washington D.C.

Candy:
Twin Bing, Souix City, Iowa

Twin Bing Candy Bar

Chicken Wing:
Spicy Garlic, Lakeside Tavern, Waterford, Pa.


Cocktail:
Green Beaver, The Beaver Pub, Vancouver, BC

Dessert:
Fiori di Latte Gelato, Gelateria Barbara, Erie, Pa. 

Doughnut:
Glazed, Wheel Cafe, Chemult, Oregon
Fastfood:
Raising Canes, Richmond, Virginia.

French Fry:
Cornucopia Bar And Burgers, Eugene, Oregon


Hot Dog:
The Norm Crosby (Thuringer), Hot Doug's, Chicago, Illinois
A Norm Crosby, duck fat fries and a traditional Chicago dog at Hot Doug's.

Milkshake:

Oreo Shake, Red's Diner, Crescent City, California. 

Nachos:
Eddie McStiff's, Moab, Utah 


Pasta:
Spaghettini, Mi Scuzi's, Erie, Pa

Pizza:
D'Ottavio's, Hollidaysburg, Pa

Sandwich:
Salami Panini, Primi Panini, Portland, Oregon
South American:
Taqueria El Nopa, Glenwood Springs Colorado
Taco's at Taqueria El Nopa in Glenwood Springs.

Wine:
Catawba, Mazza Vineyards, North East, Pennsylvania. 

All of these selections I highly recommend you try, as each has established a permanent memory in my mind. And please feel free to tell me about your favorite places to eat in the comments so as I might one day be able to try those places out for myself. 

 






2 comments:

  1. All of that looks and sounds absolutely delicious. (Well... except for maybe the "Green Beaver." The name made me raise an eyebrow.)

    The only thing I can think of that really stands out here in St. Louis is Ted Drewes Frozen Custard. It's one thing for which STL is famous. If you ever head out this way, make sure you give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've managed to somehow acoid Missori in my travels, but I intend on visiting each of the 50 States, so someday I will end up there, and when I find myself in St. Louis I will make it a poitn to visit Ted Drewes.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete